EPFC | April 8th, 2020
This week we’re giving a shout out to Art Club Frome, the fabulous community art experience–started by the wondrous Sue Palmer!–where the only rule is MAKE! EPFC North has been collaborating with Art Club Frome for the past year and we hope you’ll join us for a vey special edition entitled ART CLUB AT HOME on TUESDAY, APRIL 14.
Some words from Sue about Art Club Frome at Home:
We know the deal with the virus.
So … Art Club is in virtual / real-ish / digital / cosmic space – yes!
There a couple of different ways of connecting on Tuesday 14th April via Zoom or Facebook or Email.
7pm Zoom on – Join Art Club Frome
– Say hello and greet newcomers – there may be people from different places in the world !!
– Theme will be set
– Make, make, make
Optional mid point check in on Zoom (tea break / art process pain relief)
– Make, Make, Make
8.30pm Zoom on and connect when you’re ready
– Last few minutes of making
– Showing what we’ve made
9pm Slow Goodbye
Send images of your makings to Sue and dream again of future art making
OR look here at Art Club Frome FB page and we will post details of the THEME at 7pm
*** Zoom meeting code will be posted on Art Club Frome FB page an hour before Art Club starts ***
* Get whatever materials you feel like, ready for 7pm.
Could be just a pencil and paper, some rubber bands, a massive paint brush, a cardboard box, charcoal, pens, monoprinting stuff, some collage materials, a cauliflower – really whatever you want, whatever you feel like using.
At the end of the session, please scan / photograph your work and send it to *me* (DM for email address) and I will assemble and post it all up on FB as usual.
Art Club Frome ethos:
These are things we remind ourselves of at the start of live Art Club:
* All abilities – you don’t have to be an ‘artist’.
* The idea of Art Club is to have time to experiment, make, and mess around with some materials to see what happens, maybe something you don’t normally think of making or have the time to make.
* We use an inspiration to get us going – a theme – and each person can respond as they want.
* Let the theme inspire you but don’t worry if you go off somewhere else. It’s just a way of starting.
* Get some books about art or by other artists or whatever you pick off the shelf for inspiration / reference.
* If you get stuck, copy something / someone else for a while.
* You can make just one thing, or a few versions or just experiment
* Take your time
* It doesn’t have to be finished or even good!
* You can often free yourself from some constraints in the last 10 minutes of Art Club – watch out for that last minute thing and don’t hold back!
* You don’t have to keep your work, you can just recycle it.
The only rule is make!